I posted a photo of these bad boys only stories today and a lot of you asked for the recipe! To be honest when I bake I rarely follow an exact recipe, I mostly go with the flow, but these gluten, butter and sugar free scones turned out so good that I will do them again for sure!
I used a mix of rice flour and buckwheat flour, but you can also use oat flour if you like a more delicate taste.
I didn’t use any sweetener, I prefer scones plane ( and add toppings), but you could add your favorite sweetener, in my opinion agave or honey work the best.
- 110 g rice flour
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 100 ml almond milk (or your choice)
- 100 g greek yoghurt (or greek style dairy free yoghurt)
- 10 g baking powder
- 30 g dark chocolate chips or extra dark chocolate in chunks
- Blend the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips
- Add wheat ingredients
- Knead the dough until homogeneous (it stays a bit sticky but not too much). Add more flour if you need to.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 15 min
- Make a cylindric shape with the dough and cut in 6 pieces
- Heat the fan oven 180°C
- Bake for around 10′
My favorite combo is fresh yogurt and drops of peanut/almond butter and some cacao nibs, but you can get wild and choose your favorite topping (share that with me so that I can try if you find another great combo).
159 Kcal C 27,8 g P 5,3 F 2
Hope you enjoy the pie, tag me on IG if you try it! <3