Fudgy & Healthy Brownies – Gluten, butter and refined sugar free
I posted a photo of these brownies, on my feed the other day and got so many questions about the secret ingredient and the recipe!
Can you guess what I used? Here is a hint: it makes the jam for Dorayaki! Now If you used to watch Doraemon as a kid, or like as an adult (like me), you know what I’m talking about!
These brownies are gluten free, butter free and refined sugar free, just the way I like my sweets! You can also make them dairy free (I gave you options).
Makes 12 or 6 brownies, depending on the try you use
- 250 g azuki bean
- 30 g honey (date / maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 3 g baking powder
- 10 g peanut butter flavored protein powder
- 20 g erythritol (optional)
- 30 g raw cocoa powder
- 170 g greek style vegan or dairy yoghurt
- 20 g coconut oil
- 20 g chocolate chips (decorations)
- Soak the beans for 6/10 hours
- Cook the beans for around 1 hour
- Mix everything in a food processor
- Place baking paper over a tray
- Cook in fan oven for 15/18 min at 180 C
- Let it cool
- Cut in 6/12 pieces
- Let them rest in the fridge overnight
I made a frosting of 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, 1 tsp of cream cheese, 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of peanut butter flavored protein. Mixed everything together and left in the fridge overnight (portion for 2/3 brownies)
MACROS X 1 PIECE (of 12)
130 kcal – 7,5 P – 18,3 C – 3 g F
Hope you enjoy the recipe, tag me on IG if you try it! <3
Love you (almost) as much as chocolate!