HEALTHY & EASY VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE
What comes to your mind when I say November and pie? Pumpkin pie!
This is not a typical cake in Italy, reason why I found out about it only a couple of year ago, but since I have I’ve never looked back!
I’ve a REAL sweet tooth, feed me cake and we’ll be friends forever, but I tend to avoid sugar and prefer more natural ingredients. For this reason and to stay healthy I like to experiment in the kitchen when it comes to bake and come up with healthier version of traditional recipes, and easy as well because I like better to enjoy the results than spending hours baking!
So here is an easy and quick healthy recipe for pumpkin pie (I actually used butternut squash) that makes a perfect breakfast or afternoon tea snack!
- 200 g oat flour
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 300 g butternut squash or pumpkin (raw)
- 100 g of cashew yogurt
- 90/100 g agave syrup
- 15 g baking powder
- 60 g of coconut oil
- 40 g oat milk (or others)
- 80 g of cashews
- 80 g of cocoa nibs or extra dark (at least 70%) chocolate chips
- cinnamon (as much as you like)
- Blend the flax seeds, add the water ant put it to rest for 10 minutes
- Peal and cut the butternut squash (or pumpkin) and blend it raw
- Add to the butternut squash the flax seed and water mix, the yogurt, the syrup, the coconut oil and mix all together
- Mix the flours and the baking powder and add part of it in
- Add the milk
- Add the rest of the flour
- Add cinnamon, cashews’ (in pieces) and cacao nibs
- Heat the oven 180°C
- Pour the mix in a round cake pan
- Bake for around 50′
My favorite combo is fresh yogurt and drops of peanut/almond butter and some cacao nibs, but you can get wild and choose your favorite topping (share that with me so that I can try if you find another great combo).
Hope you enjoy the pie, tag me on IG if you try it! <3